Politicians, the news media, talk-shows, radio, blogs and conversation were all abuzz this past week in remembering the terrible events of 9/11, ten years ago today. More than 3000 Americans lost their lives that day as the result of the terrorist attacks committed by men who acted upon the teachings of Islam’s theopolitical belief system. There has been more thought and opinion given by people than what we can retain as to why these events happened and how it has affected us individually and as a nation. It was a sad day that will be forever remembered in our nation’s history. Thank you to those who were the real heroes that day who sacrificed their safety and for many their lives, in the attempt to help save others. You will never be forgotten.
What, I ask, have we learned about ourselves since the events of September, 11, 2001? Taking a different direction than most every other commentary, it is important to address what we haven’t learned, and why this is so detrimental to America as a nation. This is written to give us pause for thought.
Since 9/11 these events have occurred…
– 14.5 million unborn children have been legally murdered in the wombs of their mothers.
– Thousands of American soldiers have lost their lives and thousands more wounded and are maimed and scarred for life. But is America safer?
– Politicians in Washington, DC, romance with those whose Islamic world-view is totally opposite of the world-view of which America was founded upon.
– Politicians in Washington, DC, riotously waste the American taxpayer’s money and are not held accountable for this waste.
– Past and the present presidential administration have illegally amended the US Constitution to usurp unwanted authority over a free American people.
– The Obama administration has indebted the American people unlike any other administration before. Bringing upon America its first ever credit rating down-grade. And yet, congress and the American people allow this to continue.
– The left–leaning judiciaries of local, state and federal courts have successfully removed from public discourse the remaining remnants of Christian influence from the moral character of the American people.
– The Obama administration has given precedence over the will of the American majority by the inclusion of and the promotion of homosexual equality in marriage, and, of the normalization of homosexuality through the education of our children. This is what is being taught to our children as their cognitive learning has fallen to “Average” in World Education Rankings.
– The masses have embraced Oprah, Deepak Chopra and Rob Bell, and every other kind of religious ideal in hopes of finding answers to appease a guilty conscience.
– Churches, Synagogues, Mosques and atheists now conjointly promote tolerance of each other so that we can all get along.
– America’s children now void of moral reason commonly murder other children. Babies give birth to babies. Alcoholism and drug addiction is rampant. Child abuse and sexual molestation affects the lives of untold thousands every day. Prisons and jails are overflowing. Entertainment and self-gratification are the dominating ambitions of every American society. And this list goes on and on.
What, I ask, can we do to stop our nations decline?
The American people have rejected the only true and living GOD, Jesus Christ. If America is ever to be again a great nation, “We, the People” must repent of our sins.
America is not a Christian nation. But the historical documents that record the founding principles of the nation of America are undeniably greatly influenced by the teachings of the Bible, and of Christian morals. History too proves that all great nations rise and eventually fall. The nation of America is not immune to ruin.
For generations now, politicians in Washingto, DC, have taken upon themselves the sovereign rule of the American people. And look at what this has brought us to. We are like sheep being led to slaughter. GOD will only tolerate the rebellion of men for a time. It’s undeniable that GOD has brought judgment upon our nation and is why America is crumbling from within.
Taking all of this into consideration, it can then be said with confidence that the American people have learned nothing of importance since September, 11, 2001. We did not heed GOD’s warning. GOD will not be mocked. What a man sows that will he also reap. Repent America. Faith and trust in Christ is the only hope we have…