For several years now there has been a concerted effort by academia, authors and religious leaders to try to convince people that the Bible is no longer relevant.
– Stephen Hawking does not believe that nature reveals the hand of GOD in creation.
– Christopher Hitchens argues that GOD is not great.
– Oprah Winfrey said that GOD is a feeling experience and not a believing experience.
– Deepak Chopra believes that god is everyone, and in everything.
– Eckhart Tolle wrote that deep within the human mind is absolute stillness in which one can experience the ‘Joy of Being’.
– Muslim Clerics teach that Islam’s Allah is the god of peace to whom we must all submit to.
– Brian McLaren preaches a new kind of Christianity.
– Joel Osteen happily encourages his listeners as to how to have their best life now.
– Barack Obama’s political stance is that we must be respectful of everyone’s religious beliefs, so that we can build upon this ideal a peaceful, world-wide community.
– Bill Maher’s disregard of GOD is that of a hapless fool.
– Rob Bell’s recent book suggests that GOD’s love will ultimately win everybody a home in heaven.
And by what authority have they come to these speculative assumptions?
Lots of people find these teachings compelling, but to the discerning, it’s strikingly clear that these teachers all lack wisdom. The evidence being that they present to us the premise that GOD is utterly confused, and they attempt to lead people to believe that we can live as if GOD has no law. Please, think objectively. GOD is not confused!
Of all the texts written to support the thousands of world-religions, only the Bible is specific, and leaves no room for the ideals of relativism.
Scripture teaches us that:
– In the beginning GOD created.
– GOD is holy, holy, holy.
– Humanity is evil, and seperated from GOD.
– GOD became man to be the atonement for man’s sin.
– Only those who trust in the finished work of Christ on the cross will be rescued from the wrath of GOD, and will for all eternity be loved by GOD.
– GOD will one day judge the rebellious of humanity.
The message of the Gospel is vastly different than what we have been told. It can then be said with confidence, that all of these people of whom the world looks to for advice are themselves deceived, because what they teach is not based upon the truth of what Scripture reveals.
The answer then to the question behind their questions is that the absurdities of all the differing observations have led people away from, rather than towards, the knowledge of the one true and living GOD. As for the billions of people who follow false-teachers and have rejected GOD’s gift of love, HELL is their just punishment.
The good news though is that GOD reveals Himself through the person of Jesus Christ, and then actively accomplishes the humanly impossible work of salvation in that person’s life. With today’s confusion about who GOD is and about the clarity of what the Bible really teaches, the transformation of a person’s life is a definitive answer to the skeptics of the Christian faith. So yes, there is the need for this truth to be taught.
The Bible is very clear regarding the revelation of the person of GOD, the reality of HELL, and about the penalty Jesus took upon Himself, in our place. Eternity is forever. Choose wisely as to whom you listen too…
LIVING IN THE HOPE OF MY IMAGINATION”, is a compelling story that gives testimony to the Bible being the only revelation of GOD, with the power to change lives.